By Kenna Lewis, Social Centric Media
As a small business owner, you surely know by now that social media must be included in any good business plan these days. But what, really, is social media and what does it mean for your business in 2018?
Social media is a communication channel that provides direct access to your company, the customers, the prospects and your employees.
It’s also a very effective medium for content distribution and brand visibility online. It’s obvious that social media will continue to have a significant impact in 2018 on business owners. They now have the ability to reach out and communicate on a personal level with their target audience on a daily basis. This is a game changer for businesses engaging in marketing, sales, customer service and other business activities. This is very powerful and has never been available with traditional marketing!
Benefits of Social Media Marketing
These are some of the definitive benefits of social media marketing:
Developed loyal fans
Improved search ranking
Growing business partnerships
Reduced marketing expenses
Provided marketplace insight
Unfortunately, not all businesses seem to understand the benefits social media can bring to their business. Recent studies have shown that about 50% of small businesses aren’t using social media marketing to promote their products/services.
5 Key Concepts for Social Media Success
Here are the 5 key concepts that will make social media so effective as a business marketing tool in 2018:
1. Connection: Social media will allow you to connect with your customers and prospects no matter where they are in the world.
2. Communication: Social media will allow you to share your stories that contain your business’ message.
3. Content: Social media will allow you to share the very content your audience is looking for to answer questions about their problems.
4. Build a community: Social media will allow you to build good relationships with your customers and prospects, thus turning them into collaborators and promoters of your brand.
5. Establishing credibility: By making use of social media and all the key concepts listed, it will showcase your brand to your customers and prospects, thus building your brand’s credibility.
Taking all of the above into consideration, you can understand what social media could mean for your brand and your business if used in the correct manner. No matter the size of the business, social media can be of great benefit!
For help getting started, contact Kenna Lewis with Social Centric Media at 816.582.7366 or visit online at www.SocialCentricMedia.com.
Social Centric Media
11600 Pennsylvania Ave.
Kansas City, MO 64114