Massage is known for easing sore muscles from a tough workout and 10 minutes can reduce inflammation, which can help your body recover.
However, the health benefits of touch extend beyond simply soothing aches and pains. Of course, the stressed-out have been proponents of the anxiety-busting procedure for decades. But a growing body of research suggests that a rubdown is even better for you than you think.
What are Additional Benefits of Massage?
• Assists with Managing Anxiety and Depression – Massage reduces levels of the stress hormone cortisol, resulting in lifted spirits and often lowering blood pressure.
• Eases Pain and Increases Range of Motion.
• Healthy and Improved Sleep – Massage affects the delta waves, the kind of brain waves connected to deep sleep, according to Health Magazine.
• Boosts Immunity – Touch on the body is not only linked to stress-reduction, but the better functioning of the immune system through the increase of the disease-fighting white blood cells.
• Beats PMS – Eases bloating and mood swings.
• Raises Alertness – A study performed by the Touch Research Institute showed that adults that were given a 15-minute chair massage increased awareness and completed a series of math questions more accurately.
• Curbs Headaches – Massage decreases pain for people with headaches and curbs stress associated with a pounding headache.
• Saves Face – Massage increases blood flow, which plumps up slack skin and encourages lymphatic drainage by shuttling toxins out and away from cells so that more nutrients can travel in, adding vitality to a dull complexion and lackluster hair.
Offering a Variety of Techniques and Treatments
Awaken Whole Life Center offers a variety of massage therapy techniques and treatments. Experts in their field, our massage therapists will tailor your massage based on your individual concerns.
Want to learn more about the other benefits of massage? Visit www.awakenwholelifecenter.com or call 816.612.8740 to schedule an appointment today!
World Famous PINO Natural Spa
Awaken Whole Life Center offers a vast array of massage services and body therapies incorporating the world famous PINO Natural Spa Therapy products. Just like Awaken Whole Life Center, PINO Natural Spa Therapy is dedicated to greater harmony with body, mind and spirit, so it is only natural that Awaken would proudly offer and use PINO products in our massage services and body treatments. Made with only natural ingredients, PINO formulations use carefully selected plant extracts and essential oils that serve to benefit a client’s overall well-being.
awaken whole life center
1901 NW Blue Pkwy, Unity Village, MO 64065